SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Monday, December 20, 2010

Echidnas

There is a great video of Echidnas here . They are just so durned cute!!!

Well, our sojourn in Albany is done, Dan is doing his last day of work today and then a whole 2 days break before we have to drive up to Perth for Xmas. I had thought that a month into our trip home we would be all relaxed by now, but as usual if it isn't one thing it's another.

But we do get highlights, like the delicious duck egg pasta I made the other night for dinner. My favourite. I just don't make fresh pasta with chicken eggs anymore as it is just not the same.Duck egg pasta is just so bouncy. Mind you I am not sure if that is the same for all duck eggs as we have muscovies which are not technically ducks, not even remotely related.

I have started some stuff in the studio, there is a dyepot happening  (of course) and I have been working on my collection of paper mache bowls, 18 of them have had an external coating of traditional gesso, several layers in fact and now I will begin to decorate them I might even take some and add them to my market stall and if a miracle occurs they may even make it to the Etsy shop coz that surely needs an update. But I do need to get my hands on a heap more beeswax. I have some coming to the next Demark Market but that is not till January 8th which seems along time to wait.

At least I have purchased all the xmas presents I am going to and they are wrapped (in recycled paper) under our titchy xmas tree.

Hope you all have a good one and I will see you on the other side.

3 comments:

india flint said...

thought of you t'other day...one of my students produced some rather lovely buttons
and i said that i thought they had probably come from your hand
and yes
it transpired they'd been acquired at a market from someone based in Taswegia
unmistakeable, they are.
xo

Rowena said...

Hi Trace...thinkin about you in (hot?) WA...not so hot and a bit windy in Oatlands but sun shining and sure is beautiful lookin at that Mill. One of your pendant buttons and a brooch went to Japan today. xxxxx

Trace Willans said...

awesome!!!!!!!!!! Strange to think of my stuff going off to Japan. Has much else sold?
I have now got 4 kilos of beeswax so am preparing to play. Hopefully I will get lots of ideas which I can redo with tassie beeswax when I get back.

It was hot in Perth when we went up for xmas but we came home on Monday and it has been just nice down here ever since.

Have a great New Year and many many sales.