SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Friday, January 28, 2011

Learning

Monk
At the moment I am into the second week of an online course called 'The Way of the Monk Path of the Artist' found here. And in the interest of putting myself more out there I thought I would share some of it with you. These 3 images are collages I did without knowing which particular title they belong to. Any imput is welcome.

Artist

Both Monk and Artist
There is also poetry.
Perhaps coming under the category of more information than you actually wished for, but none the less, with a deep breath here we go.

In this moment I am going to begin living like a monk


Calmness will be my watchword

Peace my mantra

I will wander the world

With a simple pack of things

Things which will help me create

Seeds to scatter

Little starting points

Of hope

Of joy

Of love

To help a blossoming

A coming forth of what is within

I will foster gentleness

Yet firmness and resolve

In this moment I am going to start living like an artist

I won’t listen when they say there is no money here

You must be commercial

You must sell your soul

Your integrity

Your sense of what should be

Because we must live in this world

This world

Where stuff

Where security

Is much more important

Than what you feel inside

Than what you feel is trapped inside

Beating helpless crying

For release

For a way of being in the world

For dignity

For a voice

For permission to even exist

In this moment I am going to start living like a mystic

I will listen to the voice

The still quiet one inside

I will know the choice to make

There will be no hesitation

On what is the best path for me to take





2 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

you did it!!!
grin.

lynne h said...

i love these words, te... xoxo