SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Sunday, April 11, 2010

Encaustics

Just thought I would show you the encaustic pieces I did last week.
I really love this technique.
These are done on prepurchased boards which are composed of masonite with a clay coating.

I am working on preparing my own boards from offcuts of wood and customwood (which is not my favourite choice but it's free) and covering them in various home made paints.

some of these have the small ocean tumbled pieces of shell on them which I collected while on Bruny Island.


All of them have small pieces of hand painted cloth . This one with stitch and a Bruny pebble.



Some have rusty bottle tops. And most of them have had oil stick applied but I only use the sticks which are made with earth pigments. I am very pleased with the result, they smell fabulous and you know I love working with the blowtorch!

5 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

these are intriguing, quite nice!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

These are wonderful! I love your simple colours and composition.

lynne h said...

oh, these are just fabulous, te...

Christine said...

These are lovely. I like the marks that look like they might be thread or scratches.

Trace Willans said...

Thank you all. Mostly they are scratches filled with oil stick but the second from the bottom has stitching in the centre and just a little scratch in the bottom right hand corner.