SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bee Yourself

Just reading this blog Towards Sustainability and Julies post on giving up her blog, as she feels she is not speaking with her authentic voice. Something about losing followers when she talks about the big issues such as Global Warming and Peak Oil. My first reaction is who gives a flying about followers, blogs should be about what I need to get out there into the world. You know “Be the change you want to see in the world” As Ghandi said. Wow imagine that man with a blog.


But then I had to stop and think coz even though I believe that, I ain’t doing it myself. There is so much I should, would, could say on this blog but I don’t so maybe from today I will try to be more open about what I believe, think etc.

So I really hope Julie keeps on blogging and says what she feels, that way maybe I won’t feel quite so alone when I attempt to do the same.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm looking forward to what you have to say.

Jasmine said...

Its such a shame that people feel there is no safe environment to express honest thoughts on ecological/environmental/human rights and other green style thoughts these days. We NEED conscientious earth loving people to stand up and say there piece. If they don't what is left? Low grade bigoted newspapers, right wing nonsense and smoke screens. A little independent media and free speaking goes a long way. I look forward to seeing some of yours, and may think again about writing some of my own xJ