SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Sunday, September 12, 2010

Brave New Me?

This is full size of the picture on my header.
I didn’t necessarily mean that I would start addressing the big issues on my blog, though I might. It was more on the lines of trying to be more me, hmm now that makes no sense at all. I want my blog to be about more than just the latest bits of work I have for sale. I would like it to be a reflection of who I am and what I think about stuff. So I am not promising anything but I will try.


So with this new attitude in mind a big thank you goes out to Ivory at http://littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/

For mentioning the Specific Carbohydrate Diet in a recent post, as someone who has suffered with chronic indigestion for several years and I have known that carbs where one of my biggest triggers I am now transitioning into this way of eating. I really like that there are recipe guidelines out there. I will try and remember to let you know how I am getting on. BTW almond meal, shredded coconut and butter makes a great crumble topping.

And just so you can get to know me a little better these are the current books on the bedside table.

The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp said best here:

Celebrate your Creative Self by Mary Todd Beam this is the second time round for me with this book.

The Greens Cookbook by Deborah Madison

The Bell at Sealey Head and The Winter Rose by Patricia McKillip, these two I plan to take to Melbourne with me as lyrical inspiration. No I think I will read them this week and rely on serendipity to provide something good to read while I am away.

Soul Stories by Gary Zukav

And I have just signed up for this here I am hoping to do more if all goes well.
More revelations as they come to hand, or as I think of them.

3 comments:

Isis said...

good on you :)

Killiecrankie Farm said...

great collage of materials - your quilting really emphasises the texture - its beautiful :)

dorie said...

thanks for showing some of your personal interest - I agree with you when writing a blog it feels a bit of 'boring' showing the works, but the way you're refelcting your work make it interesting. Btw I like to see the inspirational things you're making, so please don't stop showing them..