SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Saturday, May 28, 2011

Natural Mixed Media Workshop

Zinc White mixed with cold wax fresh
I don't know if you can see the difference between the two details shown here, but in reality there is a huge difference. The fresh mix is white as you would expect

Zinc White mixed with cold wax and stored
But this one where I mixed it up in advance to take to a workshop has had a chemical reaction I assume with the pure gum turpentine which has caused the zinc to become flourescent which is very interesting.

And speaking of workshops it would appear that I am going to have to cancel my trip to Melbourne for June as there are not enough takers for the workshop out at Open Drawer to justify the expense. So if you are interested you best go over there real quick. As flights are only getting more expensive.

1 comment:

Jo Murray said...

Sorry to hear that you've had to cancel your workshop. I'm in Qld so it's out of the question for me. But it's a sign of the times that people are not spending like they used to.