SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Thursday, February 16, 2012

Beginnings

starch paste on traditional gesso applied to and open weave cloth on masonite

Over the last couple of days I have been putting together
some painting substrates

Starch paste on plaster applied to and open weave cloth on masonite

and I though some of you might be interested in my process

just plaster

so here we go

plaster and starch paste on heesian applied to pine

I am hoping to get some underneath texture to pick up colour as I apply paint
but being a natural girl I don't use such things as gel/acrylic medium
so i gots to find otherways

plaster and on heesian applied to pine

plaster likes to pop right off pine
well it likes to wait a couple of months and suprise
you one day

so to try and combat that i have applied
an open weave cloth a light one on the smaller pieces
and hessian/jute on the bigger ones
this should give it something to grab onto




plaster and on heesian applied to pine

the starch paste is to give some idea of a horizon line
so I will be vaguely referencing landscape
paint will be added tomorrow

on the toipic of my process
I have been asked by Dorie to teach in the Netherlands
next year May/June 2013
and as you can imagine that is an awfully long way
so I am hoping there might be a few more places that
would be interested in learning my particular brand of madness
And with a lovely mention by the fabulous India
how could I possibly go wrong

please contact me or leave a comment
if you would like to host me.
x te

2 comments:

Velma Bolyard said...

ooohhhhhhh, congrats. the netherlands are kinda far away, so i shall have to wait till melbourne to meet up! i like the samples you're prepping.

Jo Murray said...

Glad you are working on an image Trace... I look forward to its progress.