SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Sunday, December 16, 2012

Running out of Year

at the beginning of the year
when all sorts of interesting possibilities
are on offer
It seems like a really good idea
to say yes

but then if you are anything like me
come the end of the year
when these things inevitably
fall due
you are galloping along
at an extraordinary rate
and yet don't seem to be getting
any closer to a satisfactory conclusion

This week we are moving out of the flat in Albany
It will be lovely to be back in my studio
with all my stuff in one place
the last 9 months have been
a constant frustration
of things being elsewhere

This week I was going to wrap up
my books for BAO
where I have signed up for not 1
oh no that would have been far too easy
but 2 books
that ideally need to be, well gone by now

Book no 2 is finished and no 1 nearly so
my big issue this week is typing up the collophones
which I meant to do on the weekend
but I ran out of time
and the printer
ah that is back home
so all will have to posted on monday
and we know what a crazy day that will be.

and meanwhile I have a lot of cleaning to do

above are some glimpses
of said books
after they have been received
 I will put up more pics
and there will be some
extras for sale

x te

9 comments:

ronnie said...

o how I hear you on this one!

I have one BAO edition completed (accompanying note not yet done) I've sorted out what's happening on the second and the paper has turned up --- hmmmm I wonder if I'll get the chance to get them together before christmas descends?..... but that still leave my third title (yes - foolishly I put my hand up for three editions...... madness)


but it is so nice going into the post office and receiiving all the booky goodness!

Trace Willans said...

3 Ronnie!!!! I thought I was crazy with 2. I am hoping to get all bar the prinitng done this week. I have bought the post bags. Interestingly I figure all then people in my groups are in the same boat as I have so far received only 1 book. But soon I expect there will be a flood.

Jo Murray said...

It must be a sign of the times...the world is turning faster and faster and it's hard to keep up. The books are proceeding beautifully tho' and I look forward to more images. Have a safe and happy Christmas, Trace.

Fiona Dempster said...

It's great to see you've nearly made it Trace - it is a massive effort and they look wonderful and warm. I was so pleased I did my two early - no way could I have done anything in the second half of the year. Looking forward to the great reveal...

Paper Chipmunk (aka Ellen) said...

I am so relieved it's not just me! As with you, it sounded fantastic a year ago (and still does, really). So I also signed on for two. But then a string of bad and/or time-consuming things unexpectedly came my way during the year... and suddenly it is January...'13?! I keep feeling as though the more I do on them, the more there is that I still have to do on them.

I'm so relieved I've only received a trickle of books from one of my groups and none from the other so far. Thank you, the rest of you wonderful people I admire so much, for making me not feel quite as bad as I could for not being done yet. Good luck to all of us!

And congratulations for nearly being finished!

Trace Willans said...

I am most relieved to say mine are finished and posted. Now I can just sit back and wait for the others to appear. They had to finished as I start a 3 week residency in a weeks time and then I have teaching committments after that!!!!!!!!! Now I just need to hunt out the Letter a Week stuff and finish that. x te

Abigail Thomas said...

Yeah I signed up for two too! And they are not finished yet. I'm in group 11 so looking forward to finding something in the post soon! Will email you when it arrives.

Aine Scannell said...

Trace just thought I would let you know I have received your book. Beautiful effect on the cover and love the map container.

You wont get mine for a while as I am having to stagger the posting of them anyway due to high cost of posting them. The entire lot will cost 90 Aus dollars, to post mainly to you guys in Australia who are after all are our nearest living relatives (sort of ) TEE HEE

Having problems with mine getting the spine to be OK when you open the book....... what a nightmare technical stuff can be !!

Aine

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Congratulations! That's great news.