SOEWN EARTH

The Earth Reliant Artist



Trace Willans All Natural Mixed Media







Thursday, February 2, 2017

Intuitive Art Journal

I have been playing over with Erin Faith Allen 
since early December doing her
  Metamorph online workshop 
I thought I might share some of the Journal spreads with you
Bearing in mind I am very much out of my comfort zone

So it is all about working with your intuition 
and just seeing what turns up

This one started because of a bleed through

all the pages have been prepped with traditional
rabbitskin glue gesso



and using natural materials 



and home made paints, 
e.g.milk paints and watercolour

I am also using 
Indian inks
as well as natural dye pigment
dissolved in meths (a type of alcohol)
and natural earth pigments
and natural indigo 


These last 3 are very much
works in progress

some collage



and some paint rag glued in

Each month has a theme
and I have just completed month 4 FIRE
and there are still 8 months to go

I am hoping for improvements
along the way
or at least more confidence

x te





3 comments:

Nathalie Nayer said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Velma Bolyard said...

pushing yourself into new and uncomfortable places is brave and a really good practice. i think you have a LOT happening here, and it will be very good to see the year out, walk away, then come back to the work. i bet that you will have learned so much.

Trace Willans said...

I really want to draw and paint but I have a drawing phobia, so I keep trying to find ways in and so far this has been working the best for me. I am sure by the end if nothing else I will be much more comfortable in this space.